Minutes of PAAC Meetings
Join this worthwhile organisation!
PAAC – Protected Areas Advisory Committee
- The Minister of environment set up PAAC’s to improve on management of SA’s protected areas.
- False Bay Nature Reserve was declared in 2016 incorporating the 5 ‘nature reserves’ making up the FBEP – False Bay Ecology Park which was assisted at the time by the FBEP Steering Committee.
- The FBNR PAAC was formed and since the reserves cannot be expected to listen to 2 bodies, the FBEPSC was disbanded in favour of the PAAC which is a legislated body with more ‘official say’ than the old steering committee.
- FoZR was invited to be part of this PAAC and nominated FoZR members as its representatives on the PAAC.
- The PAAC hold the City of Cape Town responsible for the management of the FBNR in accordance with the FBNR management plan.
- Being a legislated body, the CoCT HAVE to listen to the PAAC. (of course they don’t have to action our suggestions)
- It is a body meant to assist and co-operate in finding best solutions to issues in the reserve.
- It has escalation first to the Mayor office then directly to the Minister.
Below are links to PAAC meeting minutes.